Home > Catalogue > Exhibitions > (related works) > Search Display
MacDonald, Margaret F., James McNeill Whistler. Drawings, Pastels and Watercolours. A Catalogue Raisonné, New Haven and London, 1995 (cat. no. 862) as 'Nocturne in grey and gold – Piccadilly'.
'Notes' - 'Harmonies' - 'Nocturnes', Messrs Dowdeswell, London, 1884 (cat. no. 9) as 'Nocturne in grey and gold – Piccadilly'.
Annual Exhibition of Sketches, Pictures & Photography: A Loan Collection of Pictures by Mr Whistler ..., Dublin Sketching Club, Dublin, 1884 (cat. no. 251) as 'Grey and Gold: Piccadilly'.
Exhibition of Paintings, British Dental Association, Dublin, 1888 (cat. no. 11) as 'Piccadilly'.
A Loan Collection of Modern Paintings, Leinster Hall, Dublin, 1899 (cat. no. 82a) as 'Piccadilly'.
Pictures presented to the City of Dublin to form the Nucleus of a Gallery of Modern Art, also pictures lent by the executors of the late James Staats Forbes and others, Royal Hibernian Academy, Dublin, 1904 (cat. no. 254) as 'Piccadilly'.
- Anon., 'Mr. Whistler's Exhibition', The Standard, London, 19 May 1884, p. 2.
- Anon., 'Mr. Whistler's Gallery', Daily News, London, 21 May 1884, p. 7.
- Anon., Society, London, 22 May 1884.
- Anon, ['Cigarette'], 'Whistles', The Topical Times, 24 May 1884.
- 'M.C.S.' [Malcolm Charles Salaman], Kensington News, London, 29 May 1884.
- Anon., 'The Private View at the Dublin Sketching Club', Dublin Daily Express, Dublin, 1 December 1884, p. 5.
- Anon., 'British Dental Association', The Irish Times, Dublin, 22 August 1888, p. 5.
MacDonald, Margaret F., Whistler. The Graphic Work: Amsterdam, Liverpool, London, Venice, Agnew and Sons, London; Walker Art Gallery, Liverpool; City Art Gallery, Glasgow, 1976.
Master European Drawings, from the Collection of the National Gallery of Ireland, Ackland Art Museum, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill; Colorado Springs Fine Arts Centre, Colorado; Art Gallery, University of Maryland, College Park; Milwaukee Art Museum, Wisconsin; Pierpont Morgan Library, New York; Indianapolis Museum of Art, Indiana; The Minneapolis Museum of Art, Minnesota; The Santa Barbara Museum of Art, California; National Gallery of Ireland, Dublin, 1983.
- Dempsey, Andrew (ed.) with Wendy Baron, Margaret MacDonald, Casilda Mora, James McNeill Whistler, Walter Richard Sickert, Fundacion "La Caixa", Madrid, and Museo de Bellas Artes de Bilbao, 1998.
Shades of Grey: Painting without Colour, National Gallery of Ireland, Dublin, 2013.
James McNeill Whistler, Liverpool Biennial of Contemporary Art 2014, Bluecoat Gallery, Liverpool, 2014.
- National Gallery of Ireland website at http://onlinecollection.nationalgallery.ie/objects.
Last updated: 9th March 2021 by Margaret