Home > Catalogue > Exhibitions > Chicago_1968 (related works) > Search Display
Young, Andrew McLaren, Margaret F. MacDonald, Robin Spencer, and Hamish Miles, The Paintings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1980 (cat. no. 55), plate 33, as 'Battersea Reach from Lindsey Houses'.
Authored by Whistler
Books on Whistler
- Constantino, Maria, James McNeill Whistler, London, 1997, p. 10.
Getscher, Robert Harold, James Abbott McNeill Whistler Pastels, New York, 1991, p. 56.
Spalding, Frances, Whistler, Oxford and New York, 1979, p. 29.
- Spalding, Francis, Whistler, London, 1994, pp. 75-76, repr.
Spencer, Robin (ed.), Whistler: A Retrospective, New York, 1989, p. 79, repr. pl. 33.
Spencer, Robin, Whistler, New York, 1990, p. 54.
Taylor, Hilary, James McNeill Whistler, London, 1978, p. 73, pl. 54.
- Whitford, Frank, Japanese Prints and Western Painters, London, 1977, pp. 138-39, repr. fig. 78.
Lambourne, Lionel, Japonisme: cultural crossings between Japan and the West, London, 2005, p. 117.
- Langdale, Cecily, Monotypes by Maurice Prendergast in the Terra Museum of American Art, Chicago, 1984, p. 43 n. 39, p. 74.
Rossetti, William Michael (ed.), Rossetti Papers, 1862-1870, London, 1903, diary entry for 31 March 1867.
Hopkinson, Martin J., James McNeill Whistler at the Hunterian Art Gallery, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, 1990, p. 8, repr.
Young, A. McLaren, James McNeill Whistler, Arts Council Gallery, London, and Knoedler Galleries, New York, 1960 (cat. no. 25) as 'Battersea Reach from Lindsey Houses'.
- Hubbard, R. H., An Exhibition of Paintings and Drawings by Victorian Artists in England, National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa, 1965 (cat. no. 165).
Sweet, Frederick A., James McNeill Whistler, Art Institute of Chicago and Munson-Williams-Proctor Institute, Utica, 1968 (cat. no. 17).
Spencer, Robin, James McNeill Whistler (1834-1903), Nationalgalerie, Berlin, 1969 (cat. no. 15) as 'Battersea Reach, von den Lindsey Houses her gesehen'.
Pickvance, Ronald, James McNeill Whistler (1834-1903): An Exhibition of Works from the University of Glasgow Collection, Nottingham University Art Gallery, Nottingham, 1970 (cat. no. 6).
Young, A. McLaren, Glasgow University's Pictures, Colnaghi, London, 1973 (cat. no. 74).
- House, John, Impressionism; its masters, its precursors, and its influence in Britain, Royal Academy, London, 1974 (cat. no. 24).
- Morris, Edward, American Artists in Europe 1800-1900, Walker Art Gallery, Liverpool, 1977.
- Preston, Harley, London and the Thames. Paintings of Three Centuries, Somerset House, London, 1977 (cat. no. 67).
ホイスラー展. Whistler Exhibition in Japan, Isetan Museum of Art, Tokyo; Hokkaido Museum of Modern Art, Sapporo; Shizuoka Prefectural Museum, Shizuoka, 1986 (cat. no. 3).
Dorment, Richard, and Margaret F. MacDonald, James McNeill Whistler, Tate Gallery, London, Musée d’Orsay, Paris, and National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1994-1995 (cat. no. 37).
McNamara, Carol, and John Siewert, Whistler: Prosaic Views, Poetic Vision, exhibition catalogue, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1996, pp. 67, 81 note 2 (not exhibited).
MacDonald, Margaret, and Patricia de Montfort, An American in London: Whistler and the Thames, Dulwich Picture Gallery, Addison Gallery of American Art, Freer Gallery of Art, 2013-2014 (cat. no. 34).
Lochnan, Katharine, Turner, Whistler, Monet, Art Gallery of Ontario, Toronto; Galeries nationales du Grand Palais, Paris; Tate Britain, London, 2004-2005, p. 120.
Ono, Ayako (ed.), ホイッスラー展. James McNeill Whistler Retrospective, Tokyo, 2014 (cat. no. 100).
- Dorment, Richard, 'Whistler and the Thames', Daily Telegraph, 21 October 2013, repr., website at https://www.telegraph.co.uk.
- The Hunterian website at http://collections.gla.ac.uk.
- Art UK website at https://artuk.org.
- Runcie, James, 'James Whistler', Omnibus, B.B.C. TV, 1994.
Last updated: 1st November 2020 by Margaret