Home > Catalogue > Exhibitions > London_1912 (related works) > Search Display
Young, Andrew McLaren, Margaret F. MacDonald, Robin Spencer, and Hamish Miles, The Paintings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1980 (cat. no. 519), plate 332, as 'The Sea, Pourville, No. 2'.
Authored by Whistler
Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 64) as 'The Sea, Pourville'.
- Anderson Galleries, New York, 5-6 February 1920 (lot 116) as 'The Sea, Pourville, II'.
Books on Whistler
- Baldry, Alfred Lys, in G. Holme (ed.), British Marine Painting, London, 1919, repr. p. 69.
Loan Collection of Works by James McNeill Whistler, Tate Gallery, London, 1912 (cat. no. 33).
Spink, Nesta, Whistler: The Later Years, University of Michigan Art Gallery, Ann Arbor, 1978 (cat. no. 45).
- Mrs John F. Carroll Collection and others sale, Anderson Galleries, New York, 5-6 February 1920
(lot 116) as 'The Sea, Pourville, II'.
- 'PDS', August 2010, on Munson-Williams-Proctor Institute website at http://www.mwpai.org (acc. 2010).
- MWPAI Online Collections, website at http://collections.mwpai.org.
Revillon, Joseph Whistler, Draft Catalogue Raisonné of the Paintings of J. McN. Whistler, [ca 1945-1955], Glasgow University Library (cat. no. 399).
Last updated: 25th November 2020 by Margaret