Home > Catalogue > Exhibitions > GlasGU-1936 (related works) > Search Display
Young, Andrew McLaren, Margaret F. MacDonald, Robin Spencer, and Hamish Miles, The Paintings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1980 (cat. no. 390), plate 268, as 'The Rose Scarf'.
Authored by Whistler
Œuvres de James McNeill Whistler, Palais de l'Ecole des Beaux-Arts, Paris, 1905 (cat. no. 32) as 'L'écharpe rose' ('The Rose Scarf').
Books on Whistler
Spencer, Robin (ed.), Whistler: A Retrospective, New York, 1989, p. 310, repr. pl. 99.
Sutton, Denys, Nocturne: The Art of James McNeill Whistler, London, 1963, repr. f.p. 116.
Young, Andrew McLaren, James McNeill Whistler, Milan, 1963, repr. pl. XV.
Loan Exhibition of Works by James McNeill Whistler to aid the Professional Classes War Relief Council, Messrs Colnaghi, London, 1915 (cat. no. 34).
James McNeill Whistler, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, 1936 (cat. no. 15).
- Anon., 'Unexpected Whistlers', The Glasgow Herald, Glasgow, 1 June 1915.
- Anon., 'Art and Artists. A Whistler Exhibition', The Observer, London, 6 June 1915.
- Anon., 'The Whistler Loan Exhibition', Westminster Gazette, London, 7 June 1915, p. 3.
- The Hunterian website at http://collections.gla.ac.uk/#/details/ecatalogue/41131.
- Art UK website at https://artuk.org.
Revillon, Joseph Whistler, Draft Catalogue Raisonné of the Paintings of J. McN. Whistler, [ca 1945-1955], Glasgow University Library (cat. no. 174).
Last updated: 31st December 2020 by Margaret