Before 1886: bought by
Louis Huth (1821-1905)
1905: bequeathed to his widow
Helen Rose Huth (1837-1924)
, later Mrs Howe, Oxford;
1925: sold at auction, Christie's, London, 24 April 1925 (lot 97) as 'A Side Canal, Venice', and bought for £609.0.0 by
David Croal Thomson (1855-1930)
, London art dealer;
1925: sold to
William Burrell (1861-1958)
1944: given by Sir William and Lady Burrell to the City of Glasgow.
Venice Pastels, Fine Art Society, London, 1881 (cat. no. 14) as 'The Bridge; flesh colour and brown'.
Exhibition of Pastels, Grosvenor Gallery, London, 1888 (cat. no. 84) as 'Venice'.
Last updated: 29th May 2021 by Margaret