Home > Catalogue > Exhibitions > Chicago_1968 (related works) > Search Display
MacDonald, Margaret F., James McNeill Whistler. Drawings, Pastels and Watercolours. A Catalogue Raisonné, New Haven and London, 1995 (cat. no. 1397) as 'Spring'.
Oil Paintings, Water Colors, Pastels and Drawings: Memorial Exhibition of the Works of Mr. J. McNeill Whistler, Copley Society, Boston, 1904 (cat. no. 134) as 'Spring'.
Sweet, Frederick A., James McNeill Whistler, Art Institute of Chicago and Munson-Williams-Proctor Institute, Utica, 1968 (cat. no. 52).
- Hausberg, M., Songs on Stone: James McNeill Whistler and the Art of Lithography, The Art Institute of Chicago, and The National Gallery of Canada, 1998-1999.
The Decorative Form: The Aesthetic Movement, Arts & Crafts and the Asian Influence in American Art, Terra Museum of American Art, Chicago, 1999.
Figures and Forms: Selections from the Terra Foundation for the Arts, Terra Museum of American Art, Chicago, 2000.
- Cartwright, Derrick R., Héroïque et le quotidien: les artistes américains, 1820–1920 (The Extraordinary and the Everyday: American Perspectives, 1820–1920), Musée d'Art Américain Giverny, France, 2001, p. 24 (checklist) repr. p. 44.
A Place on the Avenue: Terra Museum of American Art Celebrates 15 Years in Chicago, Terra Museum of American Art, Chicago, 2002-2003.
- Sotheby's, New York, 14 September 1995 (lot 121, repr.).
- Pyne, Kathleen, ' "Classical Figures", A Folding Screen by Thomas Dewing', The Bulletin of the Detroit Institute of Arts, vol. 59, no. 1, Spring 1981, pp. 4-15, at pp. 6-7.
- Tedeschi, Martha and Britt Salvesen, 'Songs on Stone: James McNeill Whistler and the Art of Lithography,' Museum Studies, vol. 24, no. 1, 1998, pp. 4-135, at p. 75 (checklist); repr. fig. 89, p. 69.
- Terra Foundation for American Art website.
Last updated: 6th March 2021 by Margaret