Home > Catalogue > Exhibitions > (related works) > Search Display
Young, Andrew McLaren, Margaret F. MacDonald, Robin Spencer, and Hamish Miles, The Paintings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1980 (cat. no. 318), plate 219, as 'Ariel'.
Authored by Whistler
Œuvres de James McNeill Whistler, Palais de l'Ecole des Beaux-Arts, Paris, 1905 (cat. no. 50) as 'Ariel'.
Books on Whistler
Cary, Elizabeth Luther, The Works of James McNeill Whistler: A Study, with a Tentative List of Artist’s Works, New York, 1907, p. 191 (cat. no. 210).
Sickert, Bernhard, Whistler, London and New York, 1908, p. 170 (cat. no. 143).
Sutton, Denys, Nocturne: The Art of James McNeill Whistler, London, 1963, p. 77.
- Studing, Richard, Shakespeare in American Painting. A Catalogue from the late eighteenth century to the present, Farleigh Dickinson University Press, Rutherford, Madison, 1993, p. 139 (cat. no. 868).
James McNeill Whistler, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, 1936 (cat. no. 14).
Whistler and Mallarmé, Hunterian Museum, University of Glasgow, 1973 (cat. nos. 31-32).
- Getscher, Robert H., 'Whistler's Puritanical Nudes', in Zelman, Anita, and Angela De Tolla-Smyth, A Symposium Window on Whistler's World, Held in Conjunction with Drawing Near: Whistler Etchings from the Zelman Collection, 15 September 1984, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Graphic Arts Council; Los Angeles County Museum of Art, American Art Council, Los Angeles, 1984, p. 91.
MacDonald, Margaret F., Whistler Pastels and Related Works in the Hunterian Art Gallery, Hunterian Art Gallery, University of Glasgow, 1984, p. 25.
- Hopkinson, Martin, From Apprentice to Master: Whistler's Graphic Art, Hunterian Art Gallery, Glasgow, 1992 (cat. no. 18).
- The Hunterian website at http://collections.gla.ac.uk/#/details/ecatalogue/41144.
- Art UK website at https://artuk.org.
Revillon, Joseph Whistler, Draft Catalogue Raisonné of the Paintings of J. McN. Whistler, [ca 1945-1955], Glasgow University Library (cat. no. 267).
Last updated: 22nd October 2020 by Margaret