Home > Catalogue > Exhibitions > (related works) > Search Display
Young, Andrew McLaren, Margaret F. MacDonald, Robin Spencer, and Hamish Miles, The Paintings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1980 (cat. no. 522), plate 335, as 'Grey and Silver: Pourville'.
Authored by Whistler
3rd Exhibition, Pictures, Drawings, Prints and Sculptures, International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, Galleries of the Royal Institute, London, 1901 (cat. no. 38) as ‘Gray and Silver – Pourville’.
Oil Paintings, Water Colors, Pastels and Drawings: Memorial Exhibition of the Works of Mr. J. McNeill Whistler, Copley Society, Boston, 1904 (cat. no. 9) as ‘Grey and Silver, Trouville’.
100th Anniversary Exhibition, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, 1905 (cat. no. 421) as 'Blue and Gray: Trouville'.
- 'International Art Show in London', Glasgow Herald, Glasgow, 5 October 1901.
- 'International Society', Chronicle, London, 5 October 1901.
- ' "International" Exhibition', Morning Post, London, 7 October 1901.
- 'Royal Institute Galleries. The International Society', Daily News, London, 12 October
- 'The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers', British Architect, 11 October 1901.
Rinder, Frank, 'The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers', Art Journal, December 1901, pp. 378-81, repr. p. 379.
Books on Whistler
Cary, Elizabeth Luther, The Works of James McNeill Whistler: A Study, with a Tentative List of Artist’s Works, New York, 1907, p. 156.
Paintings from St Louis homes, City Art Museum, St Louis 1912 (cat. no. 94) as ‘Grey and Silver, Trouville’.
9th Annual Exhibition, Buffalo Fine Arts Academy, Buffalo, 1914, repr. p. 85 as ‘Blue and Gray, Trouville’.
Revillon, Joseph Whistler, Draft Catalogue Raisonné of the Paintings of J. McN. Whistler, [ca 1945-1955], Glasgow University Library (cat. no. 415).
Last updated: 5th June 2021 by Margaret